Education & Clerkship
- J.D., high honors, University of Texas School of Law (1995)
- B.A., highest honors, University of Texas (1991)
- Trinity College, Seville Spain
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Ewing Werlein, Jr., United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 1995-97
Kristin Adler has been with SKV for almost 20 years. She has worked at SKV as an associate, a partner, and counsel. Her practice has included a wide range of civil, corporate, criminal, investigative and other matters.
Ms. Adler focuses on key issues and seeks the best outcome for her client, whether in trial or in a quiet “behind the scenes” resolution. Ms. Adler prides herself on working well with others. Her devotion, high energy, exacting standards, intellect, knack for creative problem solving, attention to detail, emotional intelligence and perspective – gained both in her tenure at SKV and elsewhere – have made her trusted and highly valued by clients, colleagues and others. Ms. Adler has traveled extensively and lived abroad multiple times, including in Scotland, Spain, and Bahrain. She is curious about other cultures and values a healthy debate with those of different perspectives. Ms. Adler speaks Spanish.
Ms. Adler graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Arts in English with highest honors, Minors in both Liberal Arts Honors and Spanish, and Phi Beta Kappa. She graduated from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law with high honors, serving on the Texas Law Review, Chancellors’ “Keeper of the Peregrinus,” and Order of the Coif, among other honors.
Ms. Adler has handled family law pro bono matters through the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program; taught English as a Second Language courses across Houston; and volunteers in various roles: at a local private school, at a foundation focused on enhancing the lives of those impacted by pediatric cancer, and elsewhere.
Work on various civil, corporate and investigative matters, including as member of trial teams that:
- Won summary judgment for client hospital system in federal court case brought by former patient;
- Won summary judgment for client energy company on novel issues of Texas law;
- Secured jury acquittal for client charged with Clean Water Act violations stemming from rig explosion and oil spill;
- Secured successful settlement resolution for property owner charged with multiple violations of environmental laws;
- Represented large pharmaceutical distributor in Texas MDL through successful resolution;
- Won favorable rulings in intellectual property matters;
- Successfully represented clients during SEC investigations and obtained favorable resolutions;
- Volunteer and Fundraiser, Periwinkle Foundation
- Service and Volunteer Positions, Awty International School
- ESL teacher, Volunteer
- Various Advisory Board Memberships, Houston, Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- District of Colombia
- Contributor to various publications, including The Trade Secret Quagmire, State Bar of Texas, Advanced Civil Trial Course and Texas Supreme Court updates.
- Ms. Adler has presented various CLE topics.
- Guest lecturer, Baylor College of Medicine.
- Keeper of the Peregrinus