Education & Clerkship
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., Management, summa cum laude (2013)
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., cum laude, (2017)
– Order of the Coif
– Notes Editor, Texas Law Review
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Leslie H. Southwick, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (2017-18)
Alex Hernandez focuses on complex commercial cases and defense of white collar criminal matters. He has handled all phases of litigation, including trial and appeal, in state and federal courts across the country.
Raised in poverty and proud to be the first in his family to attend college, Mr. Hernandez brings to his clients the same drive, intelligence and tenacity that lead him to succeed at every educational and legal challenge he has faced. His clients repeatedly have commended his relentless and unmatched work ethic.
Mr. Hernandez’s clients have included individuals and businesses, such as oil and gas companies, plastics, real estate, and pharmaceutical companies. Additionally, Mr. Hernandez has handled a variety of litigation, including breach of fiduciary duty, contract, intellectual property and warranty cases; commercial fraud and other tort disputes.
Mr. Hernandez is a former Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals clerk and an honors graduate from the University of Texas School of Law, where he also served as a Notes Editor on the Texas Law Review. He received his undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from Texas A&M University.
Mr. Hernandez dedicates his spare time to providing pro bono services and mentoring youth. He enjoys climbing 14ers in Colorado and spending time with his two cats.
- Counsel in securing summary dismissal of all claims in eight-figure negligent design and manufacturing matter on behalf of international crane manufacturer.
- Trial counsel to electronics corporation in commercial fraud and deceptive trade practices matter.
- Trial counsel to individual defendant in eight-figure non-compete case in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Counsel to plastics supplier in international breach of contract disputes with purchasers.
- Counsel to individual defendants and investment firm in breach of fiduciary duty matters.
- Counsel to plastics manufacturer in eight-figure breach of contract and warranty dispute.
- Counsel to oil and gas operator in eight-figure premises liability matter.
- Counsel to non-profit organization in trademark infringement dispute.
- Appellate counsel to pro bono client seeking relief under the Convention Against Torture in the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
- Appellate counsel to pro bono client seeking parental conservatorship in Texas state courts.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas