Individuals and companies large and small trust Jarod Stewart to get the details right, to be responsive, and to out-brief, out-prepare, and out-work the opposition to help them succeed in their legal disputes. As a partner at SKV, Mr. Stewart has gone toe-to-toe with outstanding lawyers from across America and has won significant victories for his clients in court, arbitration, and administrative proceedings. Clients praise his ability to produce outstanding work product quickly and to help them navigate thorny legal issues whenever and wherever he is needed. Super Lawyers has called Mr. Stewart a Texas Rising Star and Benchmark Litigation recently named him to its nationwide Under 40 Hot List.
Mr. Stewart received his B.A. from Brigham Young University, where he was a University Scholar, and his J.D., cum laude, from Duke University School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Stewart was Executive Editor of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy and a member of the Moot Court Board. After law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Lee H. Rosenthal of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Mr. Stewart speaks fluent Spanish.
- Obtained declaratory judgment for an oil and gas company declaring it the owner of disputed oil and gas assets located throughout Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas, a judgment that was unanimously affirmed on appeal.
- For a top-25 oil and gas producer, secured a temporary restraining order to stop collection on a prior default judgment related to a well in Brazos County, Texas.
- Defeated energy company’s attempt to obtain a temporary injunction that would have prohibited individual clients from working for a competitor.
- On behalf of a Latin-American power generation company, obtained favorable settlement in a multi-million dollar negligence and breach-of-contract suit against a large international equipment transporter.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for oilfield services company in suit against international equipment manufacturer that had sold the company defective equipment.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and temporary injunction in favor of an oilfield equipment manufacturer against its former employees who left to form a competitor.
- On the eve of trial, achieved favorable settlement for a commercial transporter of crude oil in a multi-million dollar contract suit it filed against a large energy company.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for an offshore drilling rig broker in a breach-of-contract suit against rig purchasers for nonpayment of broker commission.
- Obtained summary judgment for healthcare clients in a suit filed by a national insurance company seeking $14.5 million in damages based on alleged fraudulent billing.
- On behalf of two physicians being sued by their former colleagues, obtained unanimous ruling from the Texas First Court of Appeals ordering the plaintiffs’ claims to be resolved in arbitration.
- On behalf of hospital system sued for medical malpractice and wrongful death, won dismissal of all claims but one and subsequently resolved the case favorably for the client.
- Successfully defended a hospital against claims involving alleged burns from a laser used during surgery.
- Represented hospital system in two breach of contract and fraud cases against national insurance companies, where the hospital system alleged systematic underpayments; obtained favorable settlements in both cases.
Benchmark Litigation Under 40 Hot List, 2016-2018
Selected as a Texas Rising Star by Thomson Reuters, 2013-2019
Named a Benchmark Future Star, 2015-2018
United States District Court for the Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Pro Hac Vice Admissions:
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.